Mad dogs and Englishmen

Preston Pittman preston_pittmanaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 15 10:43:58 PST 2002

Regarding the "mad" dogs along the Camino - how about carrying along a few
big dog biscuits and tossing one to any bothersome dog?

Regarding Philosopher's Stone vs. Sorcerer's Stone, I was thinking much the
same as Kathryn Finn.  Only I was thinking that in Britain there is probably
more common knowledge of history and of magical and alchemical history so
the term "Philosopher's Stone" might be more widely understood.  Most
Americans, esp. American children, would have no association to or knowledge
of the Philosopher's Stone and it *would* as Kathryn suggested, sound like
something to do with Sartre or Kant (not that any but a few American
children would have heard of either of them).  Calling it "Sorcerer's
Stone", for Americans, puts it clearly in the "magic camp".