Paulo

Paul Tobey paulaPAULTOBEY.COM
Fri Jan 11 10:29:12 PST 2002

I personally found Coelho's words to be enlightening, powerful and poetry for the soul.  His book "The Pilgrimage" is truly my fundamental inspiration for doing the Camino.  For those who wish to read more of his books I would recommend first and foremost "The Alchemist"  and others including "The Valkeries",  "By the River Piedra I sat Down and Wept" and "Veronica Decides to Die".

 This is not an ad for Paulo's books but rather a universal nudging in the direction of enlightenment.

 Thanks for listening,

 Paul Tobey

I found the book dull and overloaded with mystical nonsense, although many Brazilian peregrinos were motivated to do the Camino by it.    Shirley's book was better.  I think he is an overrated writer, but maybe in Portuguese it is a better book.  Bunuel's film had very little to do with the Camino.  It was lively watching at least.  Howard Mendes, NYC