Shirley MacLaine

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Fri Jan 11 07:15:03 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/11/2002 9:49:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
TajminaaAOL.COM writes:

> certainly wondered that about Paulo Coelho's book--I read it as if it were
> both true and factual, and then I decided it couldn't have been.

I found the book dull and overloaded with mystical nonsense, although many
Brazilian peregrinos were motivated to do the Camino by it.    Shirley's book
was better.  I think he is an overrated writer, but maybe in Portuguese it is
a better book.  Bunuel's film had very little to do with the Camino.  It was
lively watching at least.  Howard Mendes, NYC