Non-Christian pilgrim experiences

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 26 05:25:35 PST 2002

--- lmorris <kesatotaSHAW.CA> wrote:
Why does everyone
> assume that the Christians
> have the exclusive rights the the Camino?

I've never felt that way. You put your own personal
stamp on the Camino and I think that's one reason why
it's simply called "the Camino." There are as many
names for the Camino, really, as there are pilgrims.

I feel this tremendous inclusion on the Camino and I
know I'll feel it even more on my second walk because
by then, I will have been through all of a pilgrimage
based on Buddhism, and I am not Buddhist. But I was
never made to feel I was not welcome at the temples.
When I arrive at each temple to meditate and get
stamped, there's never any question whatsoever that I
have just as much a right to be there as any Japanese
Buddhist.

I feel that way in the churches, too.

Ana