Reply a la Pederson

Channing Thieme channingtaRCN.COM
Fri Feb 15 17:46:10 PST 2002

Dear Felipe,
    Although I speak for myself I sense my sentiments are shared by many in that your mentioned withdrawal in a week's time will be a considerable loss to our list  -  most especially to future pilgrims who are planning on making the trek.  Your wise, caring and generous input has enhanced GOCAMINO with unique perspective as well as compassionate and insightful responses.  This is not to flatter you but rather a simple statement of fact.  To correspond privately would deprive the others of subject matter that is indeed relevant and pertinent to the Camino... such as, dear sir, I too collapsed from heat exhaustion upon reaching Estella, and stayed an extra day to recover.  In another month or two as people begin to head for the Camino it will be time to discuss what we wish we had known before making our own treks.
    This is to request that you reconsider your decision in balance of the many versus the unfortunate mis-communications of the very few.
        Channing

     ----- Original Message -----
  From: Felipe Sanchez
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 7:01 PM
  Subject: Reply a la Pederson

  Pederson:
                  I am affronted at your boorishly masculine behavior which borders on contumely.  Upon reading your diatribe to my friend Andrea, I quickly reviewed the original correspondence relating to Gocamino subscription.  Nowhere did I discern a list of rules and regulations that direct contributors toward subjects and themes that fall within specifically defined confines.  Nor was I informed that a University sponsored the newsgroup and that the institution of higher learning had proffered benchmarks for epistolary behavior.  Without any guidance, then, how can we, the contributors, direct our efforts toward any communicative goal except by spontaneity and good will?  But more importantly how can you have the presumptive brazenness to speak for the rest of us while demonstrating a graceless lack of enlightenment in regard to your treatment of Andrea?  I wrote once of liberty and freedom and their dependence for vitality and continuity upon the tolerance with disparity as demonstrated by the individual members of any society in question.  If my observation is correct then by dint of your own works you have demonstrated an autocratic inclination favoring fascism rather than freedom.

              Please note that I do not tell you what, when, where, or how to write.  You are free to do what you please as also should be Andrea.  I only make decisions about my self.  My most recent decision is to post a message daily with my e-mail address for the period of one week so that anyone wishing to maintain correspondence with me may do so.  After one week I shall unsubscribe.  Furthermore if you were the one that wrote me about a reunion in Seattle of Camineros I request that my name be extirpated from the list.  I shall never understand how some people can walk a path through life and never see the sky...Felipe Sanchez
          felipsanaolypen.com