The Way of the Fool

lmorris kesatotaSHAW.CA
Thu Feb 14 22:02:51 PST 2002

        I have been struggling for sometime with why a pilgrimage, it's meaning
and so forth. Has any one really looked at a set of Tarot cards noticed
the Fool card of the Major Arcana? Here you have a fellow (fool)
starting out on a journey. I like to think of him as as independent
traveler on a path of initiation, or on a pilgrimage.
        Could have the genesis of a pilgrimage been more on the line of self
initiation rather than a religion? What I would call a path or Way of
the developing Ego.
        I'm working on the Image of the Fool with his bag slung one his
shoulder on a stick and the modern day pilgrim and his backpack.
        I think when one takes on this journey or pilgrimage one is actually
whether you admit it or not,  you are taking on an initiation of a
spiritual growth. After the journey it will be how to develop ones
spiritual body after the initiation is over. does any one know where I
could find the manual?

leonard