Giving and Receiving

Lois Karner galo.karneraVERIZON.NET
Thu Feb 14 15:23:20 PST 2002

I witnessed a total lack of respect for the environment when a group
of American Missionaries from Curitiba (Brazil) rode the cable car in
Rio de Janeiro last month.  One cowboy booted man threw his trash,
and the trash of his wife, out the open window some of which blew
back into my face.  I was ridiculed by them when I objected to this
piggish act and for his "trashing the planet".  In Portuguese the
Brazilians on board thanked me for speaking out.

BTW - they were definitely American missionaries.  These people were
being the ugly American.