Giving and Receiving

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 14 07:51:13 PST 2002

Dear Dale, et al,

I have often puzzled over two things--how do I reincorporate my pilgrimage
experiences into my daily life after I return, and, how can I give back to
the Camino.

What I have come up with is this:  When I can take those experiences and
begin to articulate them for myself (and others) in away that leads to new
undersanding, then I am almost there.  When I can find meaningful action to
make those Camino learnings (and yearnings) manifest, then I am almost
complete.

Right about El Acebo it occurred to me to relax about the aches and pains
and rush for refugios and just pick up one small bag of garbage a day.  It
was lovely, actually and not too much stress. When I got home and wondering
how to get to be a hospitalero or give money, etc, etc., I remembered that
small act and re-created it at home.

That giving back doesn't need to happen in Spain, necessarily.  It can
happen anywhere.

Buen Camino,
kathy