Route to Samos

Jennifer Schwartz jennsunsaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 25 11:55:59 PST 2002

The Samos route is definatly the way to go if you want to avoid the crowds.
It is about 9km longer than the other route but well worth it. There is a
mountain trail ending in a wonderful view of the Monastery It was one of my
favorite parts on the Camino. We read somewhere before we got there that the
monastery is from the 12th century and so are the mattresses....and I have
to say that I confirm that. Very cold and damp but beautiful. I can't
remember if there was lot's of traffic on the way there (some of the days on
the camino tend to blend together sometimes) But I do know that there was
one part where we were walking on the shoulder of a mountain highway in the
rain with big rigs blazing by and spraying us with dirt and water....a
little scary, but all part of the experience.

Enjoy
and Merry Christmas
-Jen