Camino in End-April / Beginning of May

Daniel De Kay dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Dec 9 09:30:43 PST 2002

--- "Lefrancois, Nathalie" <nlefrancoisaDELTAWARE.COM>
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> A couple of friends and I are going to hike part of
> the Camino at the end of
> April / beginning of May.  All together, we have 2
> or 3 weeks, which is not
> much, and would like to know what part from South
> France to Santiago would
> be recommended (maybe a couple of stretches of
> 80-100kms or many parts
> totalling 150-200).  We are not expert trekkers by
> any means.
>
> Another thing that we are very interested in as well
> is music and we'd like
> to make sure that there is places along the way
> where we could hear good
> local music.  We want to do some research in
> medieval / renaissance music
> while we're there.
>
> Any suggestions?  Things to watch for?  Recommended
> accommodations?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nathalie Lefrancois

Hello Nathalie,
If you have a limit to your time, the prettiest areas
are through the Pyrennees from St. Jean Pied de Port
to Pamplona (the first day is hard but don't let it
get you down, it's the only day that is truly
hard)....
And also a very beautiful area is Galicia... I'd
suggest you go from Villafranca del Bierzo to
Santiago.. you walk up past O Cebreiro and the Cruz de
Ferro, into the rolling green hills of Galicia, on to
Santiago.  As Galicia was settled by Celts way before
anyone else, it still has the Celtic influence in
music as well as other aspects.  And if there is time,
one of the most beautiful and pictoresque walks is the
three days from Santiago to Finisterre.  It is
fantastic!
     Buen Camino!
        Daniel