Do not miss . . .

Margot LaCugna mmlacugnaaMSN.COM
Mon Dec 9 09:36:26 PST 2002

 . . at anytime of the year. . .vespers in Rabanal del Camino or at Samos monastery.

Margot

Best Regards,

Margaret LaCugna
2790 Broadway    3G
New York, NY 10025
mmlacugnaamsn.com
telephone: 212.665.8847
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Spenger
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 12:51 PM
  Subject: Re: Camino in End-April / Beginning of May

  If I had just 2 weeks available to walk, I would start from Ponferrada and do it as a single stretch into Santiago (205 km). With proper spacing this is only about 9 miles per day average - a relatively easy schedule, although it involves one long climb. I can't tell you much about the music other than that there was a music school in Arca, next to the refugio, in 2000. There is also an abundance of buskers in Santiago itself.
  regards.

  Bob Spenger

  "Lefrancois, Nathalie" wrote:

     Hello everyone,A couple of friends and I are going to hike part of the Camino at the end of April / beginning of May.  All together, we have 2 or 3 weeks, which is not much, and would like to know what part from South France to Santiago would be recommended (maybe a couple of stretches of 80-100kms or many parts totalling 150-200).  We are not expert trekkers by any means.Another thing that we are very interested in as well is music and we'd like to make sure that there is places along the way where we could hear good local music.  We want to do some research in medieval / renaissance music while we're there.Any suggestions?  Things to watch for?  Recommended accommodations?ThanksNathalie Lefrancois