Train reservations in France

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 22 06:52:14 PDT 2002

Since my posting on train reservations in Spain, I have noticed some
current questions on train reservations in France. Last year we travelled
to SJPP from Paris by train.I booked on the SNCF
website "http://www.sncf.com/indexe.htm" (English page).
After selecting the train and times I wanted, you get to the 'confirmation'
page. On that page there is an 'Options for collection of ticket' button
(just above the part where you fill in the address). Select the 'Collect in
Person' option and the tickets will be waiting for you at the station.
You can pick the tickets up at any station (we picked ours up at the SNCF
office in Charles De Gaulle), by producing your credit card.
Like the Spanish system, this works and is a heck of a lot cheaper than
using any agencies etc.
(Incidentally SNCF have good offers for two travelling together)
I did not book the Bayonne - SJPP part. That is just a local train, and
costs just a few Euro and seats are always available
happy walking
(Incidentally my brother in law thinks I am quite mad that I take a bus, a
plane and then a train so I can go for a walk!)
Joe