Train reservations in Spain

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 22 03:02:06 PDT 2002

I have seen a number of messages on this, and other Camino sites, from
pilgrims looking for info on train reservations/tickets in Spain. I am
going back to do a week on the Camino in September and I was able to
reserve and pay for my tickets using the new Renfe Tiknet system.
Go to the following address "http://www.renfe.com/ingles/index.html", and
click on the TIKNET button (top left hand corner). This will bring you to a
secure (english language)site where you can book seats on all trains in
Spain. (yesteray I booked from Irun to Burgos, and I now have a confirmed
reservation with carriage and seat numbers). All you need to do is turn up
at any Renfe station and produce your credit card and reservation number.
Apart from the convenience, you will also find that the fare is
considerably cheaper than RailEurope or any other source that I have seen
in the past.
Hope this is of interest.
Happy walking
Joe