BOOTS

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Apr 24 01:42:20 PDT 2002

I do quite a lot of hiking (on a weekly basis) and for the past 15 years
have been wearing boots made by a small family owned Italian company called
Zamberlan - I am on my third pair. Even though they are full leather
uppers, they are very light and provide excellent support and are easily
broken in. I do not like the newer, lighter fabrics as they will not
provide the longevity I require in a pair of boots (changing boots is as
stressful as moving house or job - almost!!!). I do not know model numbers
or names for my preferred boots but the Zamberlan range is not very wide. I
always buy ones with 'Vibram' soles, as these provide excellent grip and
wear.
I don't know if Zamberlam are available in the US, but they are widely
distributed here in Europe
Hope this helps
Happy walking
Joe