looking for advice on extra luggage

Michael P. Barham barhamp1aYAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 21 22:27:18 PDT 2002

Since you are starting from St. Jean, I would suggest mailing the extra
things FROM St. Jean.  The P.O. in Santiago will hold it for you up to
thirty days, FREE, after that it is disposed of.

Just be sure to take your passport or drivers license with you.

YOUR NAME
LISTA CORREOS (Post Restante)
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELLA
A CORUNA
ESPANA

I will try to find the postal code, which I cannot now locate, but believe I
have.

I had a slew of birthday cards waiting on me when I arrived - my birthday
was two days after my arrival.  It was fun buying Torte de Santiago and
standing outside the pilgrim's office sharing b-day cake!

Another suggestion -- if you are continuing on, unless you are hiking and
need tents and things. . . I continued on my travels for another three
months after walking the camino, and found that I didn't need anything other
than what I needed on the trail.  I had my two outfits and the books I
wanted.  I would recommened living out of your back pack on all your
travels, unless you need a tent or some special clothes for special
occasions.

Why are you going to Norway?  I have heard there is a pilgrimage there, and
hope to walk it on some occasion.  It is one of my favorite countries to
visit.  A beautiful mountin to climb on the West coast is Mosnuken (with a
slant through the "o") near Bergen/Os.

Take care,
Michael Barham