Gocamino

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Sun Apr 21 18:38:35 PDT 2002

Hi, Go camino - ers

I have just returned from a several day conference on medieval pilgrmage,
tourism, and travel at Plymouth State College (NH). Learned lots and talked
some.

Right now, like you, I find it's late-ish on Sunday night I have to prepare
for MOnday's classes. However, I'd like to address 4 things:

I: unsubscribing
Several people are trying to unsubscribe by hitting the reply button to the
list serve. Please don't
Here's the adddress to unsubscribe:

listservapete.uri.edu     [note: listserv   no final e]

in the message body: unsubscibe gocamino
that's it.

you should receive a confirming email.

please, if you are intending to unsubscibe before taking off for a pilgrimage,
do it a couple of days before you leave  -- so that if there is a problem, you
dont call me on the phone and leave me a message to do it for you.....

II:  needing a credential:
Several people have left pleading voice mail and email messages requesting a
credential. Please, give me a 2 week notice. That way when i do leave town for
conferences, I still have time to fulfill your request. I cannot -- for
budgetary reasons -- send anything FEDEX.

III.  Genteel talk, please on this list serve. Private messages privately.

IV. "Friends of the Road to Santiago" Spring issue. I'm beginning to put
together the spring issue. Members of "Friends" are invited to submit articles
on a variety of topics. At this time, I'd like to have some articles on these
issues in particular :

**personal experiences (focus on a single day, for example), perhaps something
from the personal diary

** your perfect what-to-pack list

** from someone who has just returned and can talk about prices (such as the
expected donations in the refugios)  -- but in EUROS.

Send me an email if you wish to subit something and send me the item in an
attached file
NOT to this address
but to my other email:  dgitlitzaaol.com

Deadline for submissions:  1 May 2002

If you're not a member of Friends?  Check the website:
http://www.geocities.com/friends_usa_santiago

 Thanks and happy spring to all.
Linda Davidson