Trekking Poles vs. Pilgrim Staff : great story

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Fri Apr 12 02:53:53 PDT 2002

Dear all, dear poncho Ginny,
 From old the Aubrac region holds perils for the pilgrim. The Aubrac is part
of the region which is called: the Marguerite and was and still is rather
"wild". Well the wolves has disappeared now and so has the robbers (as one
Belgium nobleman on horse experienced one day ad vowed when he was saved and
eventually would reach Compostelle (and home again) he would erect a hospice
there and assigned 6 knight, 6 monks, 6 sisters and another 6 to take care
of the pilgrims and their safety. Still up till now, when there is a fog,
the clocks of the chapel will ring to get the pilgrims in.
I was there on a beautiful shining day and even I got lost - which is very
remarkable for me, for it seems I've a GPS in my head, never get lost (well
this has nothing to do with my dislike of walking, as you would say; if you
do not walk, you cannot get lost!)
However the scenery is magnificent, but the climbs are hard.
For further info please mail me off-list (will be away till Monday morning)

Take care all

Pieter