Trekking Poles vs. Pilgrim Staff

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Thu Apr 11 23:43:14 PDT 2002

>I brought it home and it is now one of my treasured keepsakes from the
>camino (and the yellow ribbon from Los Arcos is still attached). I don't
>think I would feel the same way about a piece of telescoping techno-plastic
>from REI.

Paul, I couldn't agree with you more! I resisted buying one in St. Jean because, well, they were
just too "commercial" to me. My walking stick "found me" several hours out of St. Jean, and just
when I needed it most. It was just laying along the side of the trail. It not only became one of my
most invalueable aids in the days to come, but now leans in the corner of my bedroom as one of my
most prized possessions in life! :-)

Russ