Introducing myself

Lois Karner luiza.karneraVERIZON.NET
Tue Apr 9 14:19:41 PDT 2002

Hi Adrienne,

Can I start on the other foot?

I have read your three messages today and I am so happy that somebody
put a welcoming message ON-LIST to the newby, Laura.  Ed's message
yesterday was in your words, a flamer.

You are correct I have not walked the Camino but leave this coming
Friday.  I feel sure that I will take eleven hours, maybe more, from
SJPP to Roncesvalles.  I am thinking of starting three to five days out
of SJPP to get myself used to walking daily.  But where?  Where to
start.  I have a week in Scotland and a week in London before heading to
France so I still have time to ponder this question.

I too learned about the Camino from Shirley MacLaine.  I saw her
interview with Larry King on CNN one wet day in Paris two years ago and
have been planning "my Camino" every since.  One would think I would be
in tip-top condition after two years .... not so, even with going to the
gym three to four days a week I feel unfit because I carry too much
weight.  The mention of Shirley MacLaine ON-LIST can bring out all those
folks I was trying to tell you about.  There was some real nastiness in
the list about three months back ....

I have a problem expressing myself in a positive light ... I did not
mean to upset you in any way and sorry if I did.

My middle child is your age .... you're 33 I'm 55 .... so this old gran
will take more rest and go by the advice of the youngster, and take it
slow.

All the best for your second walk

Cheers,

Lois