a fairly blunt question

Conor Fortune conoraMADRID.COM
Tue Apr 9 14:08:48 PDT 2002

Hey all...I've been around for a few weeks
and have added a few bits of info, delighted
in the heartwarming stories and cringed at
the ongoing cellphone diatribe...but I now
have a fairly straightforward question....

I was wondering, realistically, how much
should one budget for the Camino? I've
lived in Spain before, but when pesetas
were still in vogue...so in terms of Euro,
could anybody make a reasonable
estimation of what one should plan on for
the trek from SJPP to Santiago (barring, of
course, all transportation costs of getting
there).

I'd appreciate any pointers.

Also....it now just occurs to me...has
anybody used online stores like e-bags to
purchase backpacks (I remember reading
a bit before about not being able to try
packs on, etc)....are they cheaper or is one
still better to go to a bricks-and-mortar store
and get the up close and personal
customer service? I did buy a very handy
combination rolling backpack/rucksack with
detachable bookbag before a trip to Europe
a few years back, and it was great for
travelling and holds a ton. Unfortunately it
weighs around 9 lbs because of hefty
wheels and the telescoping handle
mechanism...so I am definitely in search of
something new.

Again, I would appreciate any pointers
anyone has.

Buen Camino!