ultralight, small torso backpacks

Adrienne Patton casamagdalenaYAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 9 13:40:34 PDT 2002

Hi Denise, et al -

A light pack is a good idea, but comfort is so much
more important.  I use a Lowe Alpine Sicorro 70+15.  I
use it because it is what I already had for travel
purposes and I spent my limited Camino budget
elsewhere rather than on another pack.  I am only 5'2"
- it looks like a "monster" pack on me and I was
always being made fun of in Spain for my "heavy" pack.
 But I wouldn't trade it for another on my 2nd Camino
even if I did have the money.  It is made for women
and adjusted perfectly to my short torso.  Even though
it is 6lbs., it is so comfortable in both fit and with
its air-cooled back system that the extra weight is
not an issue.  I never had any back pain or sores.  It
is very sturdy, well designed and well constructed.

I don't sell these things, I promise! :)  My point is
just that weight is only one issue and sometimes
sometimes other positive factors "outweigh" the weight
issue.

I overpacked it in the beginning (easy to do with a
bigger pack), but by mid-Camino I was pared down to
the basics and perfectly comfortable.

Ultreya,
Adrienne

http://www.golite.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/scstore/scstore/product_categories/products/breeze.html?L+scstore+lfxj9021+1018199759