Sv: Re: The SJPP walk

fkjaer fkjaeraPOST7.TELE.DK
Fri Apr 5 12:27:07 PST 2002

I fully agree with Pieter provided you do not try walking The Route Napoleon in the winter half-year, the weather is fine, you start out early and do not walk alone. And remember to ask the locals before you go.

When I walked the Route Napoleon in June 2000, starting in St. Jean, I was 47 years old, 20 pct. overweight and neither an athlete nor road-hardened.
My fellow pilgrims and I did the walk in 8 hours.
Had there not at times been a hard wind against us and had we not made several long breaks to enjoy the breathtaking views, we would have been able to do the walk in 7 hours or less.
But then again, there are no representatives from The Guinness Book of Records in the area, so there is absolutely no reason to rush it.
On the contrary: take your time and enjoy!

I finished reading Elyns very fine book about a month ago and was quite surprised to read about her and her friend's struggle to walk the Route Napoleon.

¡ Ultreya !

Frans.

Frans Kjær Nielsen

[ 56° 11' 38.6'' N - 10° 14' 5.36'' E ]