sleep sack vs. light weight sleeping bag

Anthony Dyson anthony.dysonaWANEWS.COM.AU
Fri Apr 5 01:55:09 PST 2002

Robert's right on this one. I, too, have an Australian silk liner for my
sleeping bag while bushwalking (hiking). But it's a liner, not a sleeping bag as
such.
I certainly would not reply on the liner alone as adequate in Europe, except
possibly in high summer.
Walkers, especially those who have not carried a backpack before, should not get
too obsessed about cutting weight to ridiculous levels where safety and
reasonable comfort is compromised.