world peace

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Mon Sep 24 08:36:34 PDT 2001

These are the messages,in full,  that I sent to Rosina PRIVATELY and not on
Listserve.  She is now accusing me of sending hate mail and violating "Cyber
law",  I feel compelled to share with you what I wrote to her.  Please judge
for yourselves if it is "actionable".  She has repeatedly said that she is
Unsubscribing from GOCAMINO, but she continues her blather.  How unfortunate!
Message 1:
"Apologists for the terrorists and murderers like you make me sick.
Targeting civilians in Israel and the US is totally unacceptable behavior.
American support for democratic Israel and its defense should not be an issue
at this or any time.  I do not condone any individual attacks on innocent
people like those that you claimed you witnessed or those that are taking
place now in the US against Muslims who had nothing to do with the attacks,
but please get your priorities and sympathies focused on the perpetrators of
horror and not on misguided individual acts of discrimination.  It seems like
you are blaming the American people and government policies for these
unspeakable terrorist attacks.  No matter what errors of judgment we have
been guilty of, there is no justification for the violent behavior against so
many innocent civilians and targeting populations that have not instigated
any of the behavior that bothers you. I think you need to reassess your
attitude toward the the threats to liberty and free societies and not
criticize our press, government and our support for Israel at this time.
Howard"
Message 2 (Probably the one that has her more upset than the first since I
added some vitriol to get her attention because the first message did not
seem to have any affect)
"This is being written to you privately and not on listserve.  The first part
of your message about the relief effort and losses is acceptable.  I take
issue with the following:
"Should we visit death and destruction upon thousands
of helpless and hopeless people..."

You make it sound like we are equal to the terrorists in not valuing life.
You know that we are after the perpetrators and those who harbor them and
give them resources. STOP RAISING THIS AS AN ISSUE!

"Have we been indifferent for too long to the suffering of the untold
thousands all over the world through poverty and hunger? Have we been too
selfish and too greedy with our wealth?  Have we aided and abetted the
seemingly ongoing genocidal practices in the Holy Land for the sake of
protecting financial interests?"

These issues have to separated from what the caused the terrorists to attack
us.  When you keep talking about "genocidal practices" and comment on the
Palestians being preyed upon, NEVER ONCE MENTIONING the suicide attacks
against innocent Israeli citizens I come to the inescapable conclusion that
you are a very biased person and not the Christian you profess to be.

Please reply to me privately and agree to stop these kinds of messages or I
will demand that Linda remove you from listserve.  I will put this message on
listserve if you choose to ignore me or don't agree to the above. In my
opinion you are a deceitful human being posing as a Christian.  Howard Mendes"

I stand by the statements, even moreso than before since she obviously is
continuing her one-sided observations, whether true or not, about
mistreatment of Palestinians and disguises them with religiosity. She is a
total hypocrite and should be delisted from Listserve.  Howard