Fwd.: Compassion and Revenge.

Leonie Galil LgalilaAOL.COM
Sun Sep 16 20:03:44 PDT 2001

Subj:   Re: (no subject)
Date:   9/16/2001 2:35:10 PM Central Daylight Time
From:   Blaroli

As you know, since its inception Christianity has been anticultural, going
against the grain of immediate physical response to violence and horror.
Who, before Christianity, ever heard, or said "turn the other cheek"?
Our fight should be of a different kind.... with our spiritual values at the
forefront rather than arms. Victory through such means is sure to be more
lasting.
I understand that we must respond to what has happened,  but I do hope that
we do so with intelligence and restraint rather than with dangerous passion.
One of the ministers at the National Cathedral religious service said that we
should act in a measured and humane way, "lest we become the evil that we
deplore".  That is all I wish for.
I have asked Linda to remove me from the Camino list.  I just can't bear to
read some of the hate-laden messages there.  Few as they are, and the
exception rather than the rule, under the circumstances they are just too
painful for me.

Rosina