Hiking Sandals (was re Equipment)

James Sperbeck rsperbe1aSAN.RR.COM
Sun Sep 16 20:00:26 PDT 2001

Hi Steve,

I read your message concerning equipment with great interest, especially the part about your experience with hiking boots versus hiking sandals.

I have hiking boots. I am following the advice of my son in law, who is a marine lt. col., to use 100% nylon inner socks under hiking socks. Your message indicted that the hiking sandals worked best for you. Since I plan to walk el Camino in March 2002, are sandals out of the question due to rain?

What are hiking sandals? What did they cost?  I am 73, in good health, and have not hiked for 40 years. But I biked until 8 years ago. However, I have never heard of hiking sandals. Are these available here USA? What kind of socks did you use with them?

Buen Camino,
James from San Diego, California