Best guide! - and a question for Linda

bill deutschman olcbillaFIRESERVE.NET
Wed Oct 17 17:58:53 PDT 2001

Ed & Others who have contacted me privately;

I just looked at several of my Camino guides and books including "The Pilgrims
Guide to Santiago de Compostela."  They all have a section near the front that
says:

 "No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system,
or transmitted, in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical,
photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior permission" (reproduced
from the Pilgrims Guide);

or something very close to that.  Look in the front of most any book and you
will see something similar.  It sure doesn't say that it is OK to copy the
material if you purchased the book.

I didn't mean to start a flame war or to offend anyone.  It just seemed to me
that pilgrims are on the Camino for spiritual and/or religious reasons and
 would be following a higher moral path than the general population.  (Besides,
on a worldly level, it probably costs nearly as much to copy the entire book as
to buy it and you have half the weight as it is copied on both sides of a
page.)

Sorry if my postings offended anyone as I was just raising "my" concerns.
  Each person has to follow his/her conscious.

bill

bill deutschman
455 hillside avenue
klamath falls, or 97601