Best guide! - and a question for Linda

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Wed Oct 17 17:07:40 PDT 2001

My understanding is that the idea of copyright laws are there to prevent
fraudulent profit/gain at the expense of the original author.

However if one copies an entire book purely for one's own personal and
private use only, then that is not an infringement of the law.  This is
tantamount to committing the whole book to one's own memory and recalling it
later and so is not illegal though it would be quite some challenge!

As regards the Camino itself, I have been lurking on this newsgroup for some
months now and have finally decided that I will be setting out next May
2002.

Look forward to hopefully meeting some of you guys along the Way.

Ed
(Ware, Herts, UK)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: bill deutschman
  To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
  Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 9:26 PM
  Subject: Re: Best guide! - and a question for Linda

  I find it interesting that an author, on a list dedicated to a religious
  pilgrimage suggests that one should copy an entire book which probably violates
  copyright laws.  Why not just tear the pages out of the book and use them as
  suggested.

  You can always buy a second book if you want it for reference when you get
  home.

  bill

  bill deutschman
  455 hillside avenue