garlic soup reminder

lin galea caminante93aHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 16 09:19:11 PDT 2001

Pilgrim Story Day

Come together and share memories of the camino with fellow and future
pilgrims. Inspired by the loving kindness of Father Alonso of San Juan de
Ortega*, we will talk, laugh and cry over bowls of steamy garlic soup and
whatever simple items you bring along to share.

What: Please bring a story and something simple** to add to the table

When: November 3rd, 2001
9:30 to 3:30

Where: St. Gregory of Nyssa
500 De Haro St.
San Francisco, CA 94107

A special thanks to Donald Schell, Pastor of St. Gregory Nyssa, for allowing
us to use his beautiful church as a setting for our gathering. Also thank
you to Kathy Gower and Nicholas Setka for their help and inspiration and a
special big thanks to Zita Macy and her parents for snail mailing and
e-mailing this announcement.

Lin Galea

lingaleaahotmail.com
415-441-5951

RSVP: Important: We want to be sure to have enough bowls for everyone.
Please respond to: Zita Macy
zmacyaaol.com
1514 Channing Ave.
Palo Alto, CA 94303

650-326-1767

*San Juan de Ortega is an isolated monastery in the Montes de Orca, a good
day’s walk from Belorado
Every day, Father Alonso and his sister prepare a huge pot of hot garlic
soup. Pilgrims
bring to the table whatever they have left in their packs from the day.

**Simple means whatever you have in the bottom of your pack: salami, cheese,
bread, fruit, wine, water, etc.