Was Howard's Loss - "Universal Law of Recompense".

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Thu Nov 22 13:03:59 PST 2001

At the risk of prolonging this ...
People bring upon themselves the consequences of their own actions, the
"Universal Law".
We have a justice system which should be used to ensure miscreants are
punished and recompense made.
The existence of one does not invalidate the other.
John
www.pilgriminspain.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Mendes [mailto:HMe347aAOL.COM]
Sent: Friday, 23 November 2001 12:32 AM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: Was Howard's Loss - "Universal Law of Recompense".

In a message dated 11/21/2001 10:07:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
WA6RPRaAOL.COM writes:

Divine Justice will eventually be meted out to the person who has cheated
you.  The world speaks of it as "what goes around, comes around"  or
"getting just deserts"  etc.  I have heardthat a similar teaching is found
in
Islam

.

This is all well and good, but sometimes Human Justice (not revenge) is
called for.
Of course, some of those with faith-driven value systems will disagree with
me, but sure and swift Human Justice is preferable to hypotheses about
eventual Divine Justice, in my personal logic-driven value system.  Howard
Mendes NYC