Letter of Introduction - a word of warning

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Mon Nov 5 10:53:21 PST 2001

The passport that I received from the Friends of the Camino early this year was
already marked with the stops of the currently most popular route, i.e. from
Saint Jean Pied de Port. This is fine for probably 95% of the pilgrims for now
and the foreseeable future. But those who plan to start from the interior of
France or to take an alternative route should be aware of this. I mentioned this
in an e-mail to Christopher but have not yet received a reply. Perhaps those who
plan to use alternative routes could request a passport that just has blank
spaces for the sellos. I had considered scanning the passport and erasing the
names in order to make it useful for my own trip, but I managed to get hold of an
outdated (19__) passport put out by the Spanish organization and this turned out
to be acceptable.