Money matters

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Sat May 26 03:43:58 PDT 2001

Hi Maureen,

All of the major banks and many smaller banks too have
a "cajero automatico" where you use your ATM or credit
card in the same way you use it at home. Make sure
your PIN number is four digits, because no other
number of digits will work.

Try to get your money in the larger towns (when you
first land, then in Pamplona, I believe Puente la
Reina too, as well as Logrono, Burgos, Leon.) If I
remember correctly also Melide, Palas de Rei and
several other places will have a bank with a machine.
I think the smallest amount I was able to get out at a
time was 5,000 pesetas, but when you enter your pin it
will have a list of amounts you can choose from. The
directions are easy to folow even if you don't kjnowq
Spanish.

I can't imagine going on the Camino with traveler's
cheques. Manay of the smaller places just don't take
them.

Hope this helps,

Besos,
Ana