Shoes

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Wed May 23 05:29:26 PDT 2001

--- Sean Flavin <harleydude395aHOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
My question is
> after hiking is it
> advisable to have a pair of sandals such as Teva's
> that can be used for
> walking in town and for use in showers or is this
> extra weight that is not
> needed.  Any insight is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean Flavin
> Mammoth Lakes, CA

Hello Sean from beautiful Mammoth (I have super
memories of that place ;-)

I didn't bring Tevas because I found them
uncomfortable. I bought a pair of soft, sort-of
waterproof sandals while I was in Logrono because the
flip-flops I brought were made for style more than
function and I ended up falling down the steps of the
Santo Domingo albergue in them (!)

Yes, by all means bring sandals as they allow you to
air your feet out when you're not actually walking.
Also, they're great in the shower, because cleanliness
is relative in some of the albergues when so many
people are passing through each day. I simply attached
each sandle to a buckle on either side of my backpack
when I was walking. They didn't weigh much and I
considered them impmortant.

Buen Camino!
Ana