Shoes

Mary Hall MphweaaAOL.COM
Wed May 23 05:38:16 PDT 2001

Nick recommended buying shoes a size larger to allow for one's feet to swell.  I've hiked quite a bit (the Coast to Coast in England, the Tour de Mont Blanc, the GR5) and I do not think this is a good idea.  It is essential that your shoes fit properly - otherwise you will have blisters. It is also very tiring to walk with loose shoes.  I recently bought a new pair of light weight hikers and nearly abandoned them because they prooved to be too loose, until I made them work with 3 pairs of socks!  Mary in New York.