A Practical Guide for Pilgrims: Millan Bravo Lorano

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Wed May 23 05:14:57 PDT 2001

Leslie,

I am currently on the camino in Astorga (at a rather nice internet place) and I would suggest that you take the Pilgrim Guide to spain that the confraternity of Saint James offers.  It does not include a map but it does have a town by town breakdown of refuges, stores, restaurants etc which really is necessary.  It also gives distances between things and has proved invaluable for planning my days and it is light and about 5 inches across and fits in my jacket pocket so i wouldn´t leave without it.  There are many much more detailed and larger guides which people carry but I have gotten along well with just this as I have decided not to be a control freak and kinda let the camino happen to me.  But one guide is necessary if you walking alone.

just my thoughts,
Diane