first time pilgrim this July

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Wed May 16 05:25:21 PDT 2001

Hi Michael -
There are also flights from Paris to Bayonne on Air France which are not too
expensive.  Check for student discounts.  I got a senior discount.  I would
advise against taking a tent, stove, cooking utensils, warm clothes (except
rain jacket/poncho).  I am leaving Friday with a total of 13.5 lbs incl.
sleeping bag & back pack.  Try to travel light.  If I find that I need a
sweater or pullover, I will buy one in Pamplona.  I think you will find
places to stay along the way without too much difficulty from what I've read.
 Howard