traveling with refrigerated medication in GOCAMINO Digest - 13 May 2001 to 14 May 2001 (#2001-119)

MMB marmaraVICNET.NET.AU
Tue May 15 22:11:10 PDT 2001

I am enjoying reading about the planning for your trips. I have not been
yet. It is for me a dream just now, but I have lots of hiking experience
and have lived in remote areas so here is a suggestion for that medicine
that needs to be kept cool.

When bush walking in Australia I re-cycle the empty (and rinsed) "skin"
from a wine cask 3/4 filled with water for drinking. In summer I freeze
it the night before I travel and pack it to keep perishable food cool. I
can also drink the water from it as I go :-).

When I reach my destination I re-fill and re-freeze.

I suppose if you do not have access to the "skin" you could use a small
plastic bottle in the same way, providing you could freeze it every
night.

May the spirit be with you

Maria
Mallacoota, Australia