traveling with refrigerated medication

A. D. capileneaHOTMAIL.COM
Mon May 14 00:13:56 PDT 2001

I was intrigued by your problem of needing to keep medications cool.  My web
searches found a product called the Frio Wallet, which is designed to keep
insulin cool during travel in warm climates.  The manufacturer claims that
the FDA-approved wallet is activated by a 15 minute immersion in cold water,
and the resulting gel keeps the contents cool for several days.  Cost:
$20-$33.  Website: http://www.frio.us.com/.  It's not clear whether or not
the wallet keeps its contents as cold as you require for your medications,
but at least it could supplement if not replace an insulated cooler with ice
cubes.  Caveat: I have no personal experience with this product.

I too am aiming to start walking on June 13--from St. Jean Pied de Port.

A.D.