bugs, "beddyby", bottles

bill deutschman olcbillaFIRESERVE.NET
Wed Mar 28 13:10:37 PST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From:   Jessica Hopkins [SMTP:jesnmochaYAHOO.COM]

1). Will there be ticks encountered on the Camino
during May/June?

We didn't find any ticks but it was fun doing occasional "tick checks" on
my wife. :^)

2. Is a mosquito head net necessary during this time?

Didn't see a mosquito on the entire Spanish part of the Camino.

3. What sort of sleepwear is recommended in terms of
temps/weight/decency - I'm not shy, but not an
exhibitionist either.

We found that people were very good at looking the other way as others got
dressed.  I just slept in my underwear, my wife had a long T-shirt that
covered enough.

4. Does anyone know where to buy a SIGG water bottle?
I had one for 20 years and finally dropped it one too
many times and some of the ceramic interior broke up.
This was the best water bottle I ever had - no
plastic, no aftertaste, virtually no weight. Can't
find one at any of the U.S. websites or local
mountaineering stores.

Try a Nalgene bottle.  I can taste plastic in most bottles but have had no
trouble with the Nalgene bottles.  They have a wide mouth so you can add
ice cubes if you can find them.  If REI doesn't have them they may not be
available.

Bill

bill deutschman
455 hillside avenue