questions from 1st timer

Kenneth Moore kmooreaOBERLIN.NET
Mon Mar 19 12:27:45 PST 2001

I want to bicycle around the first of May to Santiago from St. Jean or Roncesvalles. Questions below:

Do those cities have bike shops where I might rent a suitable bike for the trip?

If rentals are unavailable in those cities, can anyone suggest bike shops in nearby cities such as Bilbao or Burgos where I might rent a suitable bicycle for three weeks or so?

What suggestions from the rental city to Roncevalles; train, taxi, or bring along a bike rack and rent a car? Of course I can ride the bike to the starting point if I find there are roads with low traffic density.

How best to keep in touch with those who think that at my age I should be doing the trip in a wheel chair? Cellular phone reliable? Palm size computer and email? Of course I can use the regular phone (how prosaic).