Security in the Camino

Gary Barko gbarkoaSTELLARNET.COM
Sat Jun 30 11:18:45 PDT 2001

Hello Rosina and Lois.  I walked the Camino last fall and lost a pair of
hi-tech gloves in the refugio in Sahagun.  There were very few people there
in late October and I strongly suspected a rather seedy street person who
was "mooching" off the peregrinos and had a reputation of causing difficulty
along the way.  I don't think he was on the Camino for more than a cheap
place to stay and get free "eats."  I regularly left my pack in the refugios
to go out for food and explore the towns.  No other problem.  Gary B.