My Father, My Daughter, Pilgrims on the Road to Santiago

Donald Schell djschelaATTGLOBAL.NET
Fri Jun 8 12:25:35 PDT 2001

   My Father, My Daughter, Pilgrims on the Road to Santiago

Book Talks & Signings ~
Friday Evening, June 15th, 8:00 ~ 9:30 P.M.
    - Trinity Parish Hall, St. Mary's City, Maryland
            and
Sunday Afternoon, June 17th (Father's Day), 4:00 ~ 5:30 P.M
    - The College of Preachers (3510 Woodley Road NW near Wisconsin on the
grounds of the National Cathedral) Washington, D.C.,

Join us for one of these very special readings to hear father-daughter
authors Donald and Maria Schell read excerpts from their new book -

My Father, My Daughter:  Pilgrims on the Road to Santiago,

In their evocative and complementary styles, father and daughter write of
their physical trek across Spain on pilgrimage to the Cathedral of Santiago
de Compostela in Spain, and of their spiritual journey of discovery of the
self and of the other. The two authors interweave their separate accounts
through the book.  Traveling with them we see the ancient pilgrimage through
their separate eyes, share the pains and joys of walking, and follow father
and daughter as each finds new ways to see the other.   Unexpected and
challenging bumps, detours, humorous turns, and moments of grace mark their
pilgrim's way.

Maria Schell is a writer and journalist. Donald Schell is rector of Saint
Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church in San Francisco.