About myself / dog question

Elizabeth Boylston-Morris TagelleaAOL.COM
Fri Jul 13 09:45:44 PDT 2001

I've read with some amazement the messages which assert that the Spaniards
treat and love their dogs differently and do not allow them in their houses.
My many friends in Seville treat and spoil their dogs in a way that much
surpasses my own cuddling of my pets.  In fact, two of my Sevillian friends
give their dogs baths daily because they sleep on the same bed. As in Paris,
the sight of diners in restaurants accompanied by their dogs is not at all
uncommon.
Last April a new law was passed in Andalucia assessing a fine of up to half a
million pesetas for abandoning a dog.  Two years ago, as most of you probably
know, the first national Bill of Animals Rights was passed in Sweden, and, in
a modified form, it is being proposed for adoption by the European Union
which, of course, includes Spain.
Regards,
 Liz