About myself / dog question

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Fri Jul 13 15:17:30 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/13/2001 12:32:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TagelleaAOL.COM writes:

> "I left my
> inseparable and beloved little companion home, and every day that I was on
> the Camino I was very glad that I did not bring her along, as I could
> actually see the stress and discomfort of the few dogs that I saw
> accompanying pilgrims."

I couldn't agree more!  One thing that all the dog lovers who insist on
subjecting their animals to overlook, aside from having their dogs sleep
outdoors, is the bright sun and heat which is almost unbearable for human
beings.  It was 90-95 degrees some days in May in Bellorado and other parts
of the Camino with no shade for long periods.  We looked forward for an
occasional tree that would give us a few moments of shade. Don't forget that
you also have to walk for stretches on hot asphalt and sharp gravel.  Don't
be selfish.  Leave your dogs at home.  Howard  (I have a dog too.)