About myself / dog question

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Thu Jul 12 02:39:28 PDT 2001

Hi Leanne,
I did not only walk the Camino with a dog: I found one there and took it
home to Holland.
I 'm sure ruby will be all right as you will be too !
Regarding your questions, see that he has a passport indicating that he was
injected for anti rabies, perhaps even you can attach a marking to its
collar and ...with his name an d origin...you never know.
My dog enjoyed the pilgrimage enormously and was greeted ( and spoiled) by
all the pilgrims as he was running between the groups of pilgrims before and
behind us.
In the fields he ran loose, but in the smaller towns and cities he was on a
lash.
Food was available and water also, but I made it easier to him to have a
folding basket so he could drink from there if he could not drink out of the
tap.
An asset was that he guarded our stuff and that he attracted the attention
of other dogs instead of lurking at me....
Transport however is a serous problem however. Dogs are not allowed in
trains ( Bu special permission and prices) ,buses or taxis ( however I found
one exception).
Staying in alberques was not a great problem, but he had to stay outside on
his leash mostly.
People in Spain do like their animal in another way I think
Eggs and cheese are well available so no problem there !
Take care
As always again
Ultreya to you !
Pieter and Trigo from Holland