About myself / dog question

Leanne Bishop bishf2955aHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 11 23:32:15 PDT 2001

Aside:  If you don't want to read this whole introduction I would greatly
appreciate it if you would scroll to the very bottom of this email and read
my questions.  Perhaps you can answer one of them.

--------------------------------
Hello!

I'm new to the list and would like to introduce myself.

My name is Leanne, I'm 47 years old and live in Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
I've been a stockbroker for the last 20 years and recently took a leave of
absence to reconsider my career.  I read Shirley MacLaine's book about El
Camino some time ago and knew I wanted to make this trek.  Actually, all I
did was read the inside flap and somehow just 'knew' I wanted to go.  As I
presently have the free time and the money I decided I should do this
pilgrimage while I can.

I'm planning to leave Vancouver on September 5th.  It's my intention to take
the 'French Route', beginning at St. Jean Pied-de-Port.  I understand that
September can be rainy but, hey, I'm from Vancouver!  For those of you
unaware of the climate here, there is a T-Shirt sold in the tourist shops
that reads "In Vancouver you don't tan, you rust!"  Enough said!

I will be taking my dog, Ruby, along with me.  She's a golden Labrador X.  I
have no idea what she's crossed with but, basically, she looks like a small,
golden Lab with a slightly thinner head shape than they usually have.  I
would like to know whether anybody on this list has walked El Camino with a
dog?  If you have, I would greatly appreciate any words of advice.

Lastly, I'm vegetarian and am wondering whether this will be a problem.
Should I take food with me or will it be easy for me to purchase it along
the way?

Any other words of advice are most welcome!

Best regards,
Leanne

Wonderful, huge collage packages for you to cut and layer and arrange and
paste and admire and.......
www.dxmarket.com/collagejoy

QUESTIONS:
1.  I am taking my dog with me.  If you walked El Camino with your dog, I
would appreciate any, and all, hints, tips and words of advice.
2.  I am a vegetarian ( not vegan.  I do eat cheese and eggs ).  Will this
be a problem?