buying bottled water ragweed in August fresh fruits

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Sun Jul 8 19:38:20 PDT 2001

My 2 cents: bottled water is easily available along the route. There are also
fuentes (fountains) along the Way, marked "potable," which means drinkable.
Lots of pilgrims drink from them, though I never did. Water straight from the
tap is also supposed to be drinkable, though after a storm it will taste full
of chemicals, so I usually avoided it (I lived in Spain several times for
over a year each). The fruits are indeed safe--just wash them, as you would
in the States. You may be surprised at how good they taste in comparison to
US produce! I have fond memories of a wizened old Galician farm woman selling
cherries outside the door to her farm. Delicious! As was the home-made cheese
she had for sale.

As to ragweed: no idea.

Buen Camino,
Elyn