buying bottled water ragweed in August fresh fruits

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Sun Jul 8 20:01:46 PDT 2001

You can buy bottled water in supermercados everywhere and bars sell it too.
Along the the Camino there are fountains that I used all the time to refill
my water bottle. I refilled in refugios using tap water as well.  The only
fountains to avoid are clearly marked "Non potable".  I rarely buy bottled
water anywhere because I believe fresh water is better with fewer harmful
bacteria than something that has been sitting around in a store for a long
time.  Here in NYC the tap water has been proven to be more acceptable than
bottled water despite all the marketing to people who don't know better and
waste their money buying something you can get free.
As for fruit,  I had no problems at all in the month I was there, May 20 -
June 21, eating fresh fruit even when I didn't wash it off.   I won't advise
you what to do do, just want to relate to you my experiences.
As for allergies, if anything happens, I would go to a pharmacy.  I don't
know about ragweed per se.
Howard