pilgrimage cheating

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraHOME.COM
Tue Jul 3 16:15:13 PDT 2001

As an aside, did the Spanish ever use miles? A mile is part of the English
system of weights and measures, but I really wonder if the continental
countries of Europe used it before the introduction of the metric system.
Even the pre-revolution English colonies in American had differing weights
and measures and I read somewhere that a large part of the arithmetic
curriculum in the schools was devoted to practice in converting from one
system to another.