travel guides and maps

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Mon Jan 15 23:12:34 PST 2001

Dear pilgrims. dear Theresa,
Welcome !
Yes every city has it own "system" of guiding you trough the city. Yellow
arrows indecently big, put everywhere guide you through !
Some cities as I recall have more elangance like Logrono and put from the
Rio Ebro to the alberque messing shells in the pavement.
To me the most difficult was the passing of small hamlets, but even then,
Spanish people rush outsaide to tell you where to go.
One morning we went for "EL Bar" to have a morning coffee, knowingly out of
the Camino. Out of the houses which looked without tenants,
women rushed to say we were wrong...mentioning "el bar" cleared it then, but
a little bit further on...etc.
One morning leaving the village of  the painter El Pintor while it was still
dark, we saw a car leaving for its headlights where on, we could see it stop
over the fields , come to the road we were on and the man told us, we were
wrong...and should have taken another road....So do not worry !
Mind if you copy your maps, you can throw them in the dustbin after
use...and get lighter !
take care !
Ultreya !
Pieter and Trigo from Holland